Thursday, January 1, 2015

First Day Finishes

Oddly enough, although today was they day I had planned to start all my new projects, I got a good dose of those on Christmas Vacation and today, I felt like working on some abandoned ones. What better way to start the new year than cross a couple things off my list? First Day Finishes in 2015.

First up was my test block for the AOTH Quilt.


I don't have the materials to turn this into a whole quilt but I don't like wasting effort and time, i.e. relegating it to the orphan block box and moving on . I debated a wall hanging and added a border and corners towards that end, but eventually decided that I had put too much red in the border and abandoned the mini quilt until today. That is when I decided to fold the corners in envelope style and use it to house one of my many cross stitch projects. It is large enough to house an 11x11 qsnap, making it just perfect for travelling or simply keeping the dust off of whatever I am working on.



Next up was my ranger hood. I mean really, this should have been done a couple months ago. The issue was the neckline was too large for the hood. You know how sometimes you have to let a project marinate for a while before it presents a solution? Well I finally got it figured out an finished, Here's a new photo but it pretty much looks the same as it did before I put the hood on.


Lots of time left today and tomorrow. I think I'll tackle another AOTH quilt block. I'm trying to talk myself into doing block #1 but I have no idea how the satin stitching on those tight curves will turn out.

2 comments:

  1. Yey! I love that block and am glad you found something to use it for. I would hate to see it go to waste! :D Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 2 great finishes already Kaelyn. Keep it up.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete