I decided to work on Christmas Ornaments. I'd like to give a few of these away for Christmas this year.
I picked up the Bucilla Tiny Stockings kit. This was supposed to be my Badon Hill project but they didn't make it in the mail on time. I spent the last couple of days copying the patterns so I could cut them up into travel size pieces and sorting threads.
I have started two of them, the row stocking and the poinsettia. I need to decide whether to start a new one every day this month or just try to get four or five completely finished.
What I don't like about projects this small is that I can't put them in a hoop. They are 3.5 x 4 inches. Next time I would probably leave the fabric piece intact and cut out the stockings as I finished them.
I also somehow found myself agreeing to make my little cousin's Halloween costume. I'm not quite sure exactly when that happened but it is now a fact. She wants Elsa's Coronation Gown and cape. We're starting with the gown and then seeing if there is time for the cape.
I will be using the McCall pattern for Anna's travelling dress, changing the colors to match and lengthening the skirt. As far as the applique, well we'll just have to see what we've got time for.
Happy October everyone! Its going to be a busy month.