Friday, October 24, 2014

Elsa's Coronation Gown - FINISHED!!!

It's done, it's done *happy dance*

Here is a close up of the back.


Here is the dress. I had to lay it on the floor to get the full effect, since the skirt was curling in on the hanger. 


It was delivered on my way home tonight and now I plan on engaging in some Selfish Stitching. I will resist the urge to start a new project and instead work on either my Confessor's Dress or a cross stitch project. I'm very tired tonight, it was a long day at work and despite my best efforts I couldn't take a nap when I got home. I think I will work on The Castle by Teresa Wentzler or my wizard and dragon project.


By the way, I need to stop browsing Heaven and Earth Designs on my lunch break. This Aimee Stewart chart just made the top of my bucket list. As if I don't have enough going on as it is.

Wanderer's Cove by Aimee Stewart




8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the dress. It's gorgeous.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work. Bethy is excited to see the finished dress tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow well done on the finish. It looks just amazing! Love both of those cross stitch projects and the wanderers cove is beautiful. No wonder it jumped to the top of the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the dress!! I would love to see how it looks on your cousin (or was it niece, can't remember now).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is amazing! The lacing on the back looks perfectly in style with the design. :-)

    I went looking through the Heaven and Earth website based on the last post you made about it, and those designs are incredible. I picked one out and have no idea how many years I'll spend working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! and I know there is one really happy girl this Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That dress is amazing!!! What a great finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kaelynn! Wow Wee - Madelynn's gown turned out spectacular! I bet she was thrilled. :) You soldiered through and even though you sewed when very tired you did a great job! I can never get over how much progress you make on the cross-stitch projects!

    ReplyDelete