Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WIP Wednesday


I spent a day at the courthouse today. This is my view from the Juror Room window. 


It wasn't all bad - I was permitted to take a crochet hook into the courthouse (knitting needles not allowed through, FYI), and spent about an hour and a half on my shawl. That is until I ran out of yarn and realized I had forgotten to pack an extra skein.


I'm not quite sure why the left slide has so much slope to it, I'll have to investigate a bit and make sure I'm putting enough stitches in that side. It's possible that blocking will fix the problem.

Anyhow, the rest of the day was frittered away with kindle books, crossword puzzles, Sudoku, window shopping on my favorite crafty websites, and an attempt at cross stitch which failed when I figured out that the small kit I had didn't include the needle like it was supposed to. Note: Small scissors NOT allowed, nail clippers are. I think, however, that I will pick up those completely encased Clover or DMC brand thread cutters for the future. They are pendants with little slots for cutting thread.

They started sending Jurors home before lunch but I was one of the lucky few who got to stay until the end of the day. None of us even made it into the courtroom, sadly. As long as they're going to keep us all day, it might as well be interesting!

So my plans for tonight include sorting out how to embroider the patches with the Akron Dragon.

My first test patch - As you can see, this needs a little bit of finessing.
 And working on this oldie but goodie - The Castle by Teresa Wentzler.


What are you doing for WIP Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view from the courthouse window! I'm amazed that you were able to crochet while waiting to be called. I think in the UK the problem would be scissors or snips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Knitting needles are more weapon-like than a crochet hook I guess. I love living dangerously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Castle is looking great! I worked on mine recently too, pretty much the same area that's in your pic. That's great you could crochet in the court house. I remember no knitting needles allowed last time I had jury duty.

    ReplyDelete