I have been blessed enough to sneak in some quilty time this week.
First up was the quilt for Baby Matt. I originally attempted a variegated thread and concentric circles around each square but the variegated thread had some purple in it and it just looked too odd. After about a dozen squares I tore it out and opted for white thread with pebbling and yay! I am so very happy with the result. It will take a long time to quilt but its GOR-geous!
The other project I have been working on is the Scattered! quilt. I filled in all the sides with blacks and grays from my stash. I think I'm going to sneak in one more column in the center to give my self a slightly larger quilt and more appealing ratio. It will currently finish at 58.5" x 81" and one more column will put it at 63" x 81" or roughly 3:4. I *know* it doesn't really matter except I will be happier with it if I add another column.
As far as the belt flags that I said I was going to work on last week - well I did. And they didn't get done because I kept getting bird nests beneath the stitching. Still working on it, I'll let you know if I make any progress.