For once, I actually finished something on schedule. Okay, true, I already had the quilt top done. But the baby shower is this afternoon and the quilt is ready to go except for wrapping it up.
Can I just say first that binding a quilt is probably my least favorite task? If we had to put the binding on at the beginning of a quilt, I never would have gotten past my first quilt. I've yet to bind a quilt with one properly mitered corner and I always have to tear some of it out and restitch. This quilt would have been completed on Tuesday if I hadn't been dragging my feet on the binding. And then, because I hadn't tortured myself enough, I put the remaining binding around the label.
Anyhow, here goes:
My first attempt at framing a label. It could have come out better, but it could have come out worse. Also, this was my first attempt at using permanent fabric markers for a label and they washed and dried just fine. I did wash this quilt with Synthropol and Retayne in the hopes of permanently setting all the colors.
And a couple of artsy shots just because that is what we do with quilts:
It has been raining on and off here all week and the backyard is a mess. It is also cloudy and cranky today, so I had to take the pictures indoors. It is about time to pack this up and get it in the car.