I was thinking that my stack of Kona Solids would look great as a quilt in that pattern.
When I got them out of the box and sorted, I ended up with lights, mediums, and darks, instead of lights and darks.
Well what can you do with three tones instead of two? Hexagons. Duh.
At this point, I really have no idea where this quilt is going, except that it looks nothing like I intended it to look. However, I can most definitely say it was inspired by Lara's quilt.
This is as far as I got last night. I'll keep making the triangles out of the three different tones and maybe mix up the order of colors a bit and see where it leads. By the way, talk about finicky. I'm using 1.5 inch strips for these. My first set finished just a skosh too large and the second set after slightly adjusting my seam allowance was a smidge too small. Ugh.
For the first time this month, I worked on Maggie the Messmaker during my lunch breaks.
|As of August 1|
|As of August 28|
Linking up to Mop Monday@Tweety Loves Quilting and Lets Bee Social@Sew Fresh Quilts