Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Asian Fabric Loot!

Last week I took advantage of Crafty's Uber Sale and picked up some asian fabrics I have been wanting to get for a while.

Here's the story - a few months ago, I came across this excellent kimono quilt block.


This particular block & photo are by Naomi Art-Design-Photography.

I really like this kimono pattern, but I think that a quilt of all kimonos looks a little odd. So I thought that I would design a series of asian inspired quilt blocks and I got as far as a Chinese Lantern.

But when I went to test my pattern, I discovered that I didn't have any fabrics that would fit the theme of the quilt. And so, the project was shelved until such a fabric was found. Mostly, I had given up on finding something affordable and high quality but what would you know that several months later Craftsy would have this on sale:


Please meet the Robert Kaufman Asian Inspired Fabrics Fat Quarter Bundle.


There are four or five duplicates, but I'm very happy with my purchase nonetheless. These are really very gorgeous fabrics, most with some sort of gold metallic accents. Here are a few of my favorites:


After I wash and iron these, they'll be going into a shoebox for a future project. I'm determined not to start any new projects until I've eliminated a few of my UFO's, one of which should be complete tomorrow. Yes, I did finish the quilting on the baby quilt. It just needs a binding, if only I could decide on a color. I may go with plain white, because not of the other colors I've tried out seem to work. Now that the quilting is done, I can switch my sewing machine back to its garb sewing set up and maybe knock out a quick t-tunic for Project 144 in July.

1 comment:

  1. Love this block! I look forward to your progress on this quilt idea.

    ReplyDelete