Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Projects

Things have been a little crazy around here. I only worked 2.5 days last week, but it wasn't vacation time. I spent my work hours at the doctor's with Jack getting his hand taken care of. Two office visits and one surgery later, it is now properly on the mend. We were blessed with a very good recommendation from the hospital for a excellent orthopedic surgeon, and I would like to thank everyone for the many prayers and warm wishes.

I finally had to buckle down this weekend and try to get some stuff done for Rag, interspersed with some quilting for Sanity's Sake. But hey, check it out!

Jack's cloak is now trimmed. The only thing missing is a clasp, which will have to wait until he is able to use his leatherworking tools again. The trim for my cloak also came in, so I will be adding that if I can pry the clasp off.


I picked this trim up at the Pillaged Village.


I love the Pillaged Village. They have a merchant tent at Ragnarok every year and they have an unbelievable selection of trims, buttons, beads, patterns, etc. They're website has a decent selection, but if you get a chance to check them out on location you will not be disappointed.

I also started a dress for myself, by tracing the bodice section onto muslin and basting it together for a mock-up.


I've made a couple adjustments to the pattern in the shoulder and underarm. I will need to take in the back a bit and I'm trying to decide how I want it to close - closures in the back are difficult to do by myself. I was considering doing this:

 By Armstreet Medieval Clothing
By Armstreet, copyright them.
This would require altering the pattern significantly to add an extra side panel, because the waist would be made too large and the lacing used to give the dress shape. I'm still mulling my options over.

Two of the three tunics I am making for the Dark Tide Refugees are finished. I may be making a fourth but I haven't received any information on which color. The third one is half put-together. I hope they fit the people for whom they are intended. I based the pattern size on t-shirt size, which can be a little iffy.


And that quilting project I mentioned in my last post? All of the units are done, it just needs to be turned into a quilt top now!


1 comment:

  1. those tunics are going to be AMAZING when you are finished, I wish I had patience for clothes

    ReplyDelete