My partner for the block swap hasn't contacted me as of yet, but I looked up her theme. It is lime and teal, any pattern block. This threw me off, because I wouldn't think of putting those two colors together. But I looked it up and here are some examples I found. I actually think this is going to be a fun block to put together.
|image courtesty of www.cakecentral.com|
This weekend I finished Jack's green shirt, except for some hand stitching. It now has button holes and went into the "Ready" pile. The hand stitching can be done in the car or at Rag.
The work on the dragon shirt didn't go so well. I stitched down the dragon, through both layers of shirt. Oops. It took me 20 minutes to stitch and more than an hour to tear out.
And finally, I tackled my purple surcoat! The skirt is now put together. Here is a rough estimate of how it will look.
It falls to just at my knees. Perfect. The pattern I had was a little snug last time I made it, so I added a little extra room by reducing the seam allowance to 1/2 inch instead of 5/8.