Sunday, June 2, 2013

Time Is Running Out

I have just under three weeks to get everything done for Rag! And I really need to finish Nana's Quilt before we go, and I just took on an extra project...argh. I'm an overachiever. Fortunately, my good friend Ravenna offered her assistance with anything I need and I will plan on taking her up on that.

My partner for the block swap hasn't contacted me as of yet, but I looked up her theme. It is lime and teal, any pattern block. This threw me off, because I wouldn't think of putting those two colors together. But I looked it up and here are some examples I found. I actually think this is going to be a fun block to put together.


 

image courtesty of www.cakecentral.com
So once again, this block swap is making me think outside my box.

This weekend I finished Jack's green shirt, except for some hand stitching. It now has button holes and went into the "Ready" pile. The hand stitching can be done in the car or at Rag.

The work on the dragon shirt didn't go so well. I stitched down the dragon, through both layers of shirt. Oops. It took me 20 minutes to stitch and more than an hour to tear out.

And finally, I tackled my purple surcoat! The skirt is now put together. Here is a rough estimate of how it will look.


It falls to just at my knees. Perfect. The pattern I had was a little snug last time I made it, so I added a little extra room by reducing the seam allowance to 1/2 inch instead of 5/8.

And finally, my delicious snack for the day: bananas, nectarines, strawberries, and brie. Yay for eating healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment