Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Block Swap - Purple Bear's Paw

I joined a block swap this month! Its hosted over at www.quiltingboard.com. Every month you are paired with another quilter. You make them a quilt block and they make you one. My swap partner this month has the theme "Bear's Paw" blocks. I asked if they had any preference about color choices but they said anything goes! After some internal debate and examination of my stash, I decided to go with this color scheme:

My other option was browns/golds/fall colors, which would of course look incredibly cool but its spring. Or at least, it should be spring. Did you hear that Mother Nature? ITS SPRING! And it seemed like kind of a dreary color scheme for spring. So, purple it is! My sometimes-favorite color. This particular version of the Bear's Paw block can be found over at Quilter's Cache along with instructions for making the block.

And a quick update on Nana's Quilt... its coming along quite nicely and I still love my design wall.


Linking up to Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story - please see my sidebar for a permanent link. And check out some of the other great projects on that linky party!

No comments:

Post a Comment