Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dragons and Other Celestial Bodies

So of course I can't possibly plan to do anything simple. Applique? Only tried it once before, 3.5 years ago for my wedding, it was a total pain, and messy. Why messy? Because we didn't know what we were doing, so we traced the pieces, cut the fabric, and turned the edges under with GLUE. It wasn't fun and I'm sure everyone involved hated me for making them try it.

But for Jack's Birthday I promised to make him a heraldric surcoat with the Kingdom of Akron Dragon. Here's the Dragon, cut out for a template.

Nice and easy huh? I put Heat & Bond Lite on the back of the fabric, traced the outline onto the front side of the fabric, and cut out the dragon. This is where I oopsed because I was supposed to stitch it to the surcoat first just inside the line.

Oh well. We'll make it work.

And to break up the day a little I started working on a paper piecing project using these fabrics that I got in a box of random 9" squares.

Here's a sneak preview...

Have a happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment