Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday/Building Blocks Tuesday

Its been a couple of those weird weeks where when I have time to sew, I'm unmotivated to do so and when I don't have time to sew, I wish I was. I don't want to start a new project before I finish the some of the ones I have. And I still haven't taken the time to fix my quilting problem. I'm not sure how to fix it anyway but I can't finish certain projects until it is fixed.

Anywho, I've been building more blocks for Nana's quilt when I can. I'm working on the medium flower ones, saving the hardest for last. Not a lot of progress, but some is better than none.


I'd also like to take a minute to complain about some spray starch I picked up. Large bottle, brand Niagara, "Biodegradable", in-expensive, and non-aersol. Pleasing scent.

Leaves a residue on my iron, which burns and scorches my quilt blocks. Really, not happy here. Please read the fine print that I discovered a little too late:

Also please note, that it doesn't tell you what the correct iron temperature is. I will be making a special trip to the grocery store tomorrow to get the aerosol brand that I used last time.  I can't remember the name, but I know what the can looks like! I maxed out my iron on the cotton setting and used a whole can and never once had a problem. I'm considering making homemade starch spray, but that takes time! So just to warn everyone, this spray starch is NOT for quilting.

I've been playing around with layouts for my EPP project. I want the colors to fade from one to the next, I like the following layout, or some variation thereof. 



In unrelated news, I found a recipe on the back of a Craisins bag for Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies that I hope to test out tomorrow. Looks delicious!

I will soon have to dedicate some of my sewing time to garbing, as Ragnarok is coming up fast! One whole week of medieval camping, daily battles against the forces of evil, and overcooked campfire food with that delicious charred flavor (not counting Cynar's steaks, which are always done perfectly).  Much of our garb was thrown together with what was on hand at the time, due to both time and financial constraints. I'd like to take some time and design/sew garb I really like, now that I'm not moving, renovating, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment