Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Second Annual Deepwood Ascension Festival

I spent the last week prepping for the Second Annual Deepwood Ascension Festival. This is Kingdom of Akron's big final event of the year. This year, it involved me borrowing every crockpot I could get my hands on, cooking more than thirty pounds of roast beef, drenching it in bbq sauce, and fulfilling all the other Chief Chef duties.

 Besides cooking, my major projects included a water bottle carrier for a prize and the championship belt flags.



I also made the cover for the Golden Arrow, and by the time I was working on that project, I had to redo it twice because I was so tired I kept goofing up.  I still wasn't thrilled with how it came out but I had no more time to make it better.


This year, I didn't get any pictures. It was raining for a good portion of the afternoon and I was busy setting up food during the first battles. The rain delayed everything at least an hour, meaning that we were cleaning up and packing up in the dark.

The event ran late due to a minimum of an hour rain delay. I'm completely exhausted and opted to go straight home rather than join the group for food.

I'm looking forward to a quieter day tomorrow and hopefully a very quiet weekend for Labor Day. I'm just about burned out with the houseguests twice this month and then the event. I do plan to pick just one project to work on for the month of September, but I'm not sure if it will be a quilt or a cross stitch project. I'm leaning towards trying to get a quilt finished. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment