Sunday, November 8, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's Quilts. I don't always get around to this but today seemed like a good day to get a little cross stitch in. 

I've been working on The Fairy Spell by Stephen A. Roberts. 


This may look familiar to you, as this is the third time I've started this project and last time I showed a picture, it was of the lower right corner, because I was silly and decided to restart it on the opposite opposite corner of where I usually start projects.


I found it actually quite tedious to try to stitch in right to left and so I carefully counted all the way back to the upper left corner and started stitching up there.


I'm a little afraid that I counted wrong, but I won't have many stitches to take out if I did and the stitching is going much faster now. Look at all the empty space I need to fill in o_0


I've also been working on one of the Christmas presents, but I need to pick up more serger thread before I get much further. And lastly, still typing away on my Nano novel for the year, a sort of futuristic urban fantasy where I have completely leveled Detroit. ;) 6272 words and counting, so not quite keeping pace with where I should be but still swimming along. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good place to start for the novel. Leveling Detroit is always a good idea in my opinion :)

    Looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, it was kinda fun, I gotta be honest, to decimate a city.

      Delete
  2. Just keep stitching and linking up and this picture will come alive for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saying that came to my mind with that last photo is "playing both ends against the middle"!
    I sure hope the design aligns in the centre!
    Good luck with your writing.
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great pattern. I'm looking forward to your progress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only managed to complete one cross stitch and it was tiny compared to your project! Good luck and keep stitching

    ReplyDelete