Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Little Update

Last weekend I made the quilt binding from the fabric I picked up. It really came out beautiful.



Unfortunately, I'm just not happy with the way it turned out when I put it next to the quilt. The batiks don't match at all and it looks a little odd.


I think I'll see if I can dig up some pale or medium blue somewhere and use that instead. In the meantime, I have some ready made quilt binding next time I need some.

My sewing room received a thorough cleaning during the day and in the evening I played with my embroidery options for my costume dress.


One color came out too bright and the other came out too pink. I'm very happy that I tested them out before embroidering the actual dress. I'm looking for a color that blends in with the fabric somewhat, a difficult task because the fabric changes color with changing light. If anyone has any suggestions for a good burgandy/cranberry red embroidery thread, I'm looking for a new color.

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, may your weekend be a blessed one, and I will see you in a few days with more crafty projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment