Sunday, November 15, 2015

Midway Madness

I finally made it out to a NaNoWriMoTown event! I've only been participating in  Nano for five years and never once made a write in before.

But yesterday, our coordinators put on Midway Madness, a six hour write in event (I only lasted four, but I had a great time!) about fifteen minutes away from me. I ran into a classmate from my college that I haven't seen since I graduated.

I managed to write 5000 words while I was there, we had a delicious potluck, and I made new friends. This was my most productive day yet, putting me at 13,849 words. Oh happiness!

I've added this widget to my sidebar which will automatically update my NaNo status.


My novel has already taken a couple unexpected turns, the most important being that the annoying secondary character that I was planning on killing just became the primary bad guy. It is going to take a decent amount of rewriting and editing to correct but not this month (you WriMos out there will know what I'm talking about.)

I think the next week and a half or so are going to be all about getting some projects out of my way and cleaning up the house so that I can relax and enjoy myself during Thanksgiving. I've started going through our kitchen cabinets, tossing out old spices and putting surplus kitchenware aside to donate. My sewing room is also getting cleaned up, partly because I cannot find a box of flat headed thumbtacks that I need to align my embroidery stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how one missing item can trigger an entire room dejunking? Congrats on the writing. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete