Tuesday, November 10, 2015

It's Time To Take Stock

It's time to take stock of the year and figure out what I want to do for the rest of the year. Some of my projects could really use finishing up and some are new starts.

There are a few things I would like to complete before the end of the year.

1. Four Christmas presents.
2. My dark confessor's dress. Seriously, this has dragged on long enough.
3. The dragon donation quilt, which is due at the end of January.
4. My first Kaleidoscope quilt. This needs borders and quilting and is Just For Me. Even though I've been quilting for three or four years, I've yet to keep anything for myself that is bigger than a wall hanging!

I spent yesterday evening cooking and freezing meals. I did a batch of Lasagna stuffed shells and a batch of Taco stuffed shells and a batch of chicken and dumplings for me to take to work. I'm hoping to spend a few more evenings doing this, and thus start avoiding the "I don't wanna cook dinner/Don't have anything to cook" syndrome. This past Sunday and Saturday, we managed to eat entirely out of the fridge and freezer, which was fabulous. It wasn't gourmet - Sunday evening I just reheated the frozen leftovers that I had packaged for work lunches - but it was homemade and waaaaay tastier and easier that eating out. If I can fill the freezer with stockpiled food, I'm hoping that I can focus more on other things I would like to do over the holidays, instead of constant cooking and cleaning.

I've also started thinking about which projects I may want to give priority to next year. I would love to finish The Castle cross stitch and Fall Fairy. I would like to make more progress on my Affairs of the Heart quilt, or even finish it. The Kona Sunset quilt and DP9 train quilt should be pretty quick finishes if I ever get to them. And there is of course, the visions I have in my head for a complete Dagorhir ranger kit. And I do really need to learn to split and stitch larger designs on my embroidery machine. Supposedly there is a Craftsy class to help with this. Sigh.

Anyone want to pay me to stay home and get my crafty on?? Pictures coming soon, I promise. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this a bit as well. I made a homeschool plan to get us through Christmas and have been wondering about my own work as well. That dress may be the perfect project for that week between Christmas and New Year if you are getting it off this year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark confessor's dress - sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete