Saturday, November 21, 2015

Hunkering Down for the Weekend

We're supposed to get our first round of winter storms this weekend, landing us with any where from 3" - 7" of snow depending on who you ask. I've been thoroughly enjoying our mild November so far, a drastic change from last year, but I knew it couldn't last.

So during lunch today I ran over to pick up that half yard of fabric I needed for binding the dragon quilt. I couldn't find the same rainbow batik, but I think I came up with a decent substitute. A quick run through the washer and dryer and it will be good to go.



After work I hit the grocery store to pick up enough food to last us a few days. I'd rather not go out tomorrow while its snowing. It's usually best to give the snow plows time to clear the roads after several inches of snow. We'll be chowing down on cheesy potatoes, BLT's, and mulled cider. Yummy!

This weekend I hope to finish a Christmas present, complete the binding and label on the dragon quilt, and make good progress on Fall Fairy. Oh, and help my GW2 guild capture a Guild Hall.

My weekend project starting point

I'm getting kind of excited for next week - I've worked my last full week for the rest of the year, spreading out my remaining vacation time to make December a nice easy month. I would really love to finish my Confessor's dress costume and I think I'll be able to buckle down after Thanksgiving and give it a solid try.

1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric you popped out to pick up! If the storms and snow came I hope you are cosy and warm and enjoying your mulled cider!

    ReplyDelete