Its time for the Turtle Trot Update, hosted at BAP Attack.
I've made some pretty good progress on a few of my projects, including one finish! The Penguins are finally done. Below you will find the initial point at the start of the year and where I am currently for each of my projects.
1. A Light in the Dark by Matt Stewart (HAED) - New Start - about 1500 stitches done.
2. World Travel Bookshelf by Aimee Stewart (HAED) - New Start - about 20 stitches done
3. Penguin Family - Finished on 01/31/2015
|This is the most recent finished block, See my tab at the top of the page for all finished blocks.|
6. Jack's Medieval Medallion Quilt by Me! (New Start) - Not yet started
8. Hope Returns by Matt Stewart - No Progress to date
11. Magnificent Wizard by Dimensions - Good Progress
12. Maggie the Messmaker by Dimensions - A little progress!
And in other news, after fighting with Beguiling Tiger by Dimensions for two days, I tossed it in the trash. I hate all the difficult specialty stitches because they made my wrists and fingers hurt, and there is absolutely no point in spending countless hours on a project that I completely hate. I'm too far along to go back and stitch it all with two strand crosses, so in the trash it went. This is where I gave up.
If I do ever purchase the kit again, I'll stitch everything with regular crosses. But I think that is very unlikely anytime soon. That puts me down two projects, so I went ahead and pulled another one out of my stash. I picked up Curiosity by Janlynn. I wanted something nice and easy and completely non-frustrating and this fits the bill. Simple colors, large blocks of stitches, and adorable. No blended stitches, no tent stitches, minimal backstitching. A real win/win!