Sunday, November 9, 2014

November Project 144

Today I started on my November Project 144, the fleece lined hood. I'm winging the pattern and keeping my fingers crossed.

First, I sketched out the pattern. It is twelve inches on the short side and eighteen on the long side, plus eight inches for the neck.

I calculated the neck to be 8 inches in diameter, but when I cut it out, it was larger than I wanted it to be.  I will have to adapt the hood somehow to compensate.

The fleece lining was cut out using the green piece as a pattern and then trimmed to be about an inch smaller on the outside. The lining was serged to the capelet at the neck and then the outer fabric was turned up inside to cover the edge of the lining.

 Here is how it looks from the inside, with the fleece lining stitched in.

And how it looks on my dress form. The right side is shorter because I intend to wear this while arching and do not want the hem to get tangled in my bowstring.

This is as far as I will get today on this project. In the meantime, I did finish another ornament yesterday and was able to make good progress on a few more.

Top left will be an angel, top right is a Noel with some candy, bottom left is a lighthouse and a sailboat, and bottom right is a snowman. It's been a good weekend so far. I'm off to do some laundry and some slow stitching.


  1. Looks like you made some good headway. Hopefully it will work out right. Looks good so far :)

  2. Wow the cape looks wonderful! Beautiful stitching on the mini projects as well.

  3. Congrats on the cute finish Kaelyn. Nice start on the other ones. Your cape looks great.