Monday, April 7, 2014

Gardening Newbie in the House

I'm the first to admit that I know next to nothing about gardening. I'm winging it. But for the first time since I moved out of my parents home at the ripe old age of almost nineteen, I'm pretty sure I'm not moving again for at least a few years.

So I decided to start a garden this year. I plan to put in a raised garden area just outside my patio door and I ordered a honeycrisp apple tree root! It will take 2-3 years to start producing fruit but then we will have our own apples.

First steps were taken today when I started some herbs that I will eventually transplant to the outdoors.


They are living in the only window that gets a decent amount of sun (although of course there isn't really any today.) I planted chives, thyme, oregano, marjoram, and basil. Keep your fingers crossed. They aren't supposed to sprout for a couple of weeks.

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment