Sunday, March 23, 2014

Confessions of a Craft-a-holic

Last night Jack found me sitting and moping in my sewing room. When he asked me what was wrong, I gestured to my large piles of unfinished projects and whined about there not being enough time in the day. I was tired and spent the day working on our tax return and felt justified in indulging in a little whining. (My mom is reading this and mentally offering me some cheese to go with my whine.)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and show you a picture of my sewing room. It may not look like it but there is actually room to move in here. It is well-organized chaos. Every thing laying around is a projects I am currently working on or should be working on or have plans to work on. Except for that overflowing box of scraps at the bottom right of the picture. I really need to put that away somewhere. 


Moreover, I can find anything in this room in a few seconds. It may not be clean but it is organized - my way. The instant I start putting things away, I won't be able to find anything if my life depended on it.  Having said all that, I'm starting to think that maybe I should put everything away and concentrate on one project at a time. 

Ah and the loot is incoming faster than it is going out! Purple Moose Designs sent my fat quarter pack of Cherry Wood Fabrics - and I love it. Then there are the Kona Cotton bundles I picked up recently. 




I don't know if you can tell but I'm desperate for a little spring color around here. It is still all gray and mopey outside and I've about reached my limit for winter.  I think the all purple pack is going to become a Celtic knot wall hanging for my sewing room and the Easter egg color pack is going to be a HST/QST quilt. The Cherry Wood fabric pack is called Blue Lagoon and I have vague plans for an art quilt involving a beach. 

2 comments:

  1. You have the perfect fabrics to usher in Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your sewing room looks exactly like how I work! As long as I can close the door to the hall, it's okay to have a well organized mess. And I advise you to keep it this way. I organized my mess once and could not for the life of me find my favorite seam ripper! And you know how important those are!! So when I need to have some space for a particular project, I move my machine to the family room table and pretend I'm a neat and organized person :)

    ReplyDelete