Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Problem with Being a Creative Minded Person

What? Problem you say? Pshaw, there is no problem.

I love being creative. And crafty, in both the construction of beautiful objects AND the devious sense of the word.

So what is the problem?

Let me just first say that, I am NEVER bored. (This is not the problem). Instead, my unproductive hours are spent drooling over new projects I want to start and being wishy-washy about the projects I have because I can't decide which ones to spend my precious time on! Oh so many ideas... So many things to do! So many things to make!


This, ladies and gentlemen, is my problem.

But it does get a bit worse than that, because my "problems" are not limited to those in the quilting world. I also make garb.
And cross-stitch. Lets not forget those needlepoint projects I started ages ago. Oh, and there are the two (count them, TWO) novels I started writing in the last two years. Yes, one for each NaNoWriMo in which I have participated.

And those crochet edged fleece blankets I bought all kinds of fleece for, to donate to Project Linus.

I may do something else with the fleece, I've discovered that I don't really like crochet all that much. But there are at least one I've started, oh and the three I was going to make for the munchkins that are cut out.

We won't even get into the list of books I want to read. I will say that I discovered a source for free  Kindle books, so the list is getting longer. Yay for Bookbub!

I'm a little scared to start new projects, because I don't want them to end up unfinished. I'm also scared to make a complete WIP list, because I don't want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I'm sure all you like-minded folk can empathize.

Whew, that's better. Got the whining out of my system and now I'm good to go.

Since this blog post would be incomplete without something crafty, here is my latest brain storm.

I want to make a couple dozen "Vertigo" blocks like the one pictured below and use them for a border on my OBW quilt. I'm sure that will take no time at all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment