Friday, July 26, 2013

Arkansas and Twisters

Sneak preview of the Arkansas star...


And I finished all the hand-stitching & eyelets on my purple surcoat, so I can cross that off my list.
Last but not least, I was bit by the twister bug and whipped out these scraps to make a small quilt. All my 5 inch square are cut, I just have to decide on a layout. I have a box of misc 10x10 squares that I'm using for this project.



I wish I had a little bit more of either the red or the jungle print, but I'm working with what I have. I was inspired by the layout of this quilt, by Connie @ Freemotion by the River. According to her, I will lose about 1/3 of my surface area by the time this quilt is all put together, so I will plan on adding at least a couple borders.

1 comment:

  1. Your surcoat is beautiful and look out!! Once you make one twister you can't stop!

    ReplyDelete