Sunday, May 26, 2013

Virtual Retreat - Day 2

I stayed up wayyyyyy too late last night, but I got up this morning and started working. I didn't get much done yesterday because I spent the day looking for things I know I have and can't find, like black and red broadcloth, duckcloth pants that are already cut out, etc. I ended up cleaning up my room a lot, locating a few things, and resigning myself to a JoAnn's trip (oh gee, what a shame) first thing tomorrow to replace fabric I apparently used for another project.

I cut out two shirts and stitched one together. It still needs the handstitching and buttons/buttonholes but is done other than that.


Dark green, to go with Jack's ranger coat. The other one I cut out is brown.

Yesteday, I got tired of dropping my bin box on the floor and spending 20 minutes picking them all up so I made a pincushion using a Moda Bake Shop tutorial.

I'm going to velcro it to my sewing table and make another one to velcro to my ironing board. My niece saw it and requested that I make her one to use as a pillow for her stuffed animals.

So here's my updated list:

1. Hem Anita's skirt
2. Hem Uncle Dave's work pants
3. Finish piecing Nana's Quilt Top. Sandwich, quilt, and bind.
4. Cut out and sew two pairs of pants for Jack.
5. Finish Jack's Ranger Coat.
6. Cut out and sew three two shirts for Jack.
7. Finish my purple surcoat.

But the night is not over! More work to do and there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment