I spent a decent amount of time yesterday trying to track down where this image came from in the hopes of finding some tutorials or suggestions for recreating it. As best as I can tell, it is inventory at a costume rental location. Oh the agony! Blogiverse, you have failed me.
The rest of the evening was spent staring at the screen, trying to determine how best to recreate this masterpiece. Finally at about 8:30 I grabbed a notebook and made some concept sketches, establishing at least some semblance of a plan and digging some unused scrap fabric and muslin out of the fabric closet to make at mock up.
I'm going to make it in two pieces, 1) the skirt and 2) the leatherlook bodice with the overlap skirt. I've decided to close the sides on both, as I'd rather not wear another layer underneath. I am open to the idea of making a second one with open sides but I would have to dig up a cami and some bike shorts to wear underneath.
I'm hoping to get some time to work on the mock up this weekend, but before I do I want to finish my otter. It's almost complete.