Friday, December 26, 2014

On the Ninth Day of Christmas Vacation

...I spent a lot of time trying to learn about my Christmas present!

Jack bought me my very own embroidery machine for Christmas. (Isn't he a keeper?) It is a Brother SE400. It has a 4" x 4" stitch area and in addition to embroidery, does everything a regular sewing machine does. This means that I no longer have to constantly swap by sewing machine from a quilting set up to a garbing set up. Let the peasants rejoice!

Shiny!
Up until Christmas eve, I spent a lot of time working on the Penguins. I think I only have 1700 or so stitches to go.


They are almost done, but I decided I didn't want to spend all of my vacation working on WIP and I started both my AOTH quilt and World Travel Bookshelf. Gandalf is also now in progress, but since there isn't much to show on any of those three projects yet, you'll just have to wait for updates.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful machine Kaelyn. Penguins is looking great. Anxious to see your new starts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have FUN with your sweet gift Kaelyn! The little penguins look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete