Saturday, December 20, 2014

On the First Day of Christmas Vacation

my computer gave to me,

three hours of headaches, two hissy fits, and one finally resolved issue that turned out to be a setting in my firewall. It was preventing me from viewing ArenaNet's webpages, of all things. And yes, it took me most of the morning and part of the afternoon to finally figure out what was going on. Not how I was planning on spending my first day of vacation but at least the problem is solved now (and was thankfully not caused by unremovable malware).

I didn't get a whole lot of crafty on this Thursday due to that "little" hitch, but I did make it downtown to grab lunch with Jack on his last day of work before vacation. And in the evening, we went to see The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Very good movie, but it really felt like they cut a lot of scenes at the end. There wasn't much resolution for the Epic Battle and the Fifth Army was barely present. I'm thinking we're going to see a lot of extra minutes added in the extended edition.

In between scolding my computer and trips outside the warm confines of my home, I was able to finish one ornament on Thursday.


This ornament originally had all orange decorations on the tree and I thought that was rather boring and mostly annoying (orange is possibly my least favorite color), so I swapped them for red, blue, and yellow. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

On the Second Day of Christmas Vacation, I had a bit more time for craftyness, in between cleaning up the house a bit to give myself a more relaxing Christmas Vacation. I made good progress on my last ornament and am hoping to finish it today and start gluing them together.


I also put some time in on Kona Sunset. I have all the blocks sewn in rows and while the quilt top isn't complete, when I move it off my design floor in preparations for World Domination, I will be able to keep everything in order.


I have so far been good and resisted the urge to start any new projects. I'm still hoping to get a finish or two first.

Thus begins The Third Day of Christmas Vacation.

Linking up to MOP Monday@Tweety Love Quilting

5 comments:

  1. The ornaments are looking great Kaelyn. I can't hardly wait to start them next year.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I'm excited to see the finished Kona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Kona se ve bello.
    Vi los adelantos del Hobbit cuando fui a ver Exodo y no me interesaron mucho.Exodo me encanto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pieces! Great job!!
    Thanks for linking up at MOP Monday and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauties!!! The kona quilt looks great. Love to see it finished.
    Best wishes from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete