Friday, January 4, 2019

I'm back? Maybe?


I recently made an assessment of my WIP status just for cross stitch. There are two missing that I have not located yet, Imagination Unleashed and Woodland Enchantress. I really am hoping to be able to take a few minutes every day to work on one of these. I really think I could make a serious dent in this list with half and hour a day of Me Time.The oldest of these is either the Timberwolves project or the Castle but they were both started so long ago that I honestly can't remember.



We're still running into chronic sleep problems with the Smidget and I absolutely MUST put some dedicated time into launching my work from home career. It just seems that everything is stacked against me - when I resolve to set aside time daily for it, Smidget gets sick or is up for three hours in the middle of the night, or I find myself fighting with the student loan companies or putting out some other sort of fire. I've been so exhausted that I haven't been able to even find the time to write simple blog posts in the past few months. Believe me when I say I have spent countless hours searching for and trying every solution available. It is impossible for me to convey what kind of mental and physical haze I've been wading through in the last 15 months under the duress of severe sleep deprivation. I do hope that now that things are starting to improve a bit that I'll be able to post more regularly. I would like to make a similar assessment of all my crochet, quilt, and sewing projects as well. This is a task I have been avoiding for several years, assuming that it is better not to know, but I'm really feeling that I'd love to complete some of these crafty endeavors that I have put so much time into already.

My New Year's Resolution is simple - to manage my time better. I have a short list of habits I want to create, one of which is taking a little crafty time every evening (I'm one for three so far lol), getting just a few minutes of exercise daily, reading my Bible daily (three for three!), spending much much less time on social media, things like that.

Please feel welcome to share your blog link in the comments, I'm always thrilled to pop in and see what other people have going on. 

5 comments:

  1. I’m sorry to hear that you are still having chronic sleep problems. Fingers crossed a routine will soon be found! I found it a bit funny to notice one of my long outstanding WIPs is in your pile too! I have the wolves in the bottom of a basket somewhere. I think you made better progress than I ever did.
    I blog at https://hillviewembroidery.com on hand embroidery and I’d love to see you there sometime!
    I hope you get some time to stitch and get your work from home career off the ground this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is an impressive amount of stitcheries!! At first I thought, why would you start so many? And then I turned it back to myself and thought if I made a list of quilting projects in various stages of completion, I'd be right there with you. It's hard to resist the latest pretty even though one has plenty of projects already in the works. The good thing though, is that if you do have to put the brakes on for financial reasons, you still have paid-for projects to keep busy with! Your resolutions sound do-able. The little bit of exercise will help rev up your metabolism, although having a toddler around is exercise enough. I speak from experience, and I'm a grandmother occasionally chasing after two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your projects Kaelyn. I wish that was all I had started. Along with my stitching I have something like 13 crochet afghans started. Hang in there. As the little one gets older things will start to settle down.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh...you've got some really great choices here. Loving the coffee, the planets, and (of course) fractals!

    Sorry to hear that the sleep thing is still ongoing. Sometimes I think it is just easier for *us* to get on *their* schedule instead of trying to get them on ours. The rest of the world can just wait. lol ...but I also know that's not really feasible either. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete