Saturday, January 12, 2019

Week 1 and 2 Homework Complete

I'm really loving this Harry Potter Stitch along that a couple hardworking ladies have set up and are maintaining. If you're interested in joining, the Facebook group is School of Magical Stitches and Literature. You can ask to join, fill out the form to get sorted into a house, and then start working on the "homework." There are weekly challenges that must be completed that week and monthly and yearly challenges for both reading and stitching.


Week one just required approximately 300 stitches, which I did on Small Cuppa that I shared last week.

Week 2 Homework required about 310 stitches in each of my two house colors - I'm was sorted into Slytherin for this year so I did half grey and half green. (But I do have to say that I consider myself to be Ravenclaw. They needed to keep the houses balanced so some of us volunteered to take one for the team).





I'm actually kind of excited. I feel like I've already done more stitching this month than I did in ALL of 2018. One of the most fun parts is finding projects that I already have going and making them fit the challenge requirements. For example, I had to figure out which project had enough green to get me rolling.

This SAL has been kind of bad for my wishlist as people keep sharing their uber-cool HP patterns. However, I have been good thus far on keep my stitch-from-stash commitment. Etsy is apparently a treasure trove of Harry Potter related stitchy goodness.

As always, please feel free to share a link to your blog or instragram in the comments and I'll be happy to pop in a have a look-see :)


3 comments:

  1. Yey for crafty time! I've been doing a bit more myself. My project wishlist is pretty ridiculous. Just think...you can get to your wishlist projects after you finish the stash, right? Motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are looking great and it’s wonderful to hear that you’ve found some time to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress on your projects Kaelyn.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete