Friday, October 12, 2018

Hello Fall!

I had a couple of small finishes in the last month. The first project was a quick coaster for my side table in the family room. I used a plastic disk I had to give it some stiffness. The wicker surface of the table is uneven and I wanted something to give my coffee mugs little stability. It also had to be soft because the Smidget won't hesitate to pick it up and throw it if I'm not paying attention. 
 

The next item was a couple Desktop Cubes from the Sew Sweetness Minikins collection.These are for the Smidget's dresser, one for on top to hold things like diaper rash cream and the second to collect his socks. This is the second attempt I've made at a Sew Sweetness Pattern and let me just say that they are well written, organized, thorough, and contain lots of helpful pictures. My biggest downfall has been not reading the instructions completely, instead I've jumped ahead assuming I know what I'm doing and then I later find out that things don't quite fit or come out a little wonky. So I highly recommend the patterns and I advise you to read each step completely before doing them, because then you won't make my mistakes.


 Two scarves now completed. The are about six feet long and are quite fluffy and warm. I really like the look of the combined yarns and am planning to make a hat or two that match.


I've had to rearrange my day a bit. Trying to get anything accomplished with a demanding one year old pulling on my leg is darn near impossible, so I've set things up so that I only plan on doing work around the house after he goes to bed for the night. This frees up his naptimes for me to do things like...eat...nap...and cross stitch. You know, the important things ;) I've been alternating between Magnificent Wizard and Tiger Chilling Out. 


I'm no longer certain that my choice of hand dyed fabric was appropriate for the tiger, but I'm half done and will not be changing now. I just have to hope that all the water stitching will look okay when it is done. I'll be really sad if it doesn't work out. When I ordered this fabric, I had thought it was much closer to a navy blue, which I think would have looked phenomenal. That is part of the problem of ordering things like this online. 


I get very little time to sit at my computer, so I'm afraid I haven't been keeping up with my blog reading. However, I'd be thrilled to drop in to your blog and say hi if you leave me a link in your comments. Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great finishes and awesome progress on your stitching. A little one can be demanding.

    Linda https://bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your projects look fun! Congrats on all of the finishes!!! Good luck with that fabric!

    Mostly short little posts going on at my blog (mostly related to stitching challenges)...https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com/?m=1

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is good article and thanks for sharing its really helpful.
    vegus168

    ReplyDelete