Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Big Changes in the Future

I know its been quiet around here for the last couple of months but I haven't been idle. Aside from working on whatever project caught my interest at the time, I've been mulling over ways to earn a little income from home. I spent a fair amount of time on Freelancer (I do not recommend them), browsing options on FlexJobs (currently they all demand more time than I have), taking a couple of Coursera classes to develop my skills, and letting my brain run circles around some ideas.

In the hopefully-near future this blog will be moving and under a different name as I attempt to launch a home sewing and pattern business. I am a bit concerned about a saturated market but I think I have a few ideas that I haven't seen out there quite yet. There are a plethora of things that must be done to do this right and make it stick, like establishing my own website, product research and development, learning about sales tax collection and reporting, and a near constant state of prayer that this is the right direction in which to focus my efforts and that we won't run out of money before I make it work. I'm utilizing tools like Wave, Trello, and OneNote to organize.

Part of the slowdown is that I have so many ideas and options its hard to determine which to pursue first. I'm going to have to narrow it down to make any progress.

In the meantime, I've been making slow progress on some old projects and a new one. I almost have another block done in my Mini Joy's Journey, I'm filling out the gaps my motif blanket, and I did a few more squares for Reflections on the Go. I also started using up some random skeins making "scarves." I'm not sure whether I'm going to border them and use them as a Mile-a-Minute afghan or just make a bunch of easy scarves.


I hope you are all having a wonderful September. As the temperatures finally cool off around here, Smidget and I are enjoying the occasional park day and walk around the block. Its the best time of the year to work on those warm projects like afghans and quilts.  Let me know what your plans are for this fall!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new adventure Kaelyn. I have sold hundreds of afghans in the last 45 years but mostly to people I know. I would so love to do it as a business but have no idea on even had to start. I love the squares on the bottom left. Can you tell me what the pattern is?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! The pattern is called Reflections on the Go and its found in a book called 100 Afghans to Knit and Crochet by Jean Leinhauser. I picked it up off the Amazon Marketplace for a few dollars. https://smile.amazon.com/Afghans-Knit-Crochet-Jean-Leinhauser/dp/1402723148/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1536844964&sr=8-2&keywords=100+afghans+to+knit+and+crochet

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about a blog reboot myself, not for a business though...just the hobby of it. Everything will work out just fine, whether though this venture or something else. You are brilliant! I know you'll figure it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with on the blog front!

      Delete
  3. Hey! Great start. Love your blog , so far!
    i99bet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this post because i read this post.I visit your site you write very good artical.So thanks a lot...
    bk8

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice post. i love your every post. some time i think how you post like this. amazing post.
    sagame66
    sagame77
    sagame88

    ReplyDelete