Monday, June 27, 2016

Ragnarok Recap

Last week was spent chilling with *most* of our favorite people at Ragnarok. My brother even surprised me with a trip up to join us. It was really fabulous to see him!

Camping went much smoother this year than in the previous several years. The weather was cooperative, albeit quite warm and humid, but we had very little rain and didn't have to spend every day cleaning up from the natural disasters. I didn't take very many pictures this year but here was our camp entrance.


Here is our new tent all set up. The shade pavilion next to it was lowered due to the storms we were expecting that night. I LOVE MY NEW TENT. My only complaint is that it takes a while to set up and tear down.


Jack and I went down to Wargar's Third Annual Swine and Wine, which was a first for us and it was fun. It's a pig roast. Next year, I'm hoping to spread the word in time to get more people from Akron attending.



We also made it out to the Living Treasure Animal Park again, which is becoming annual tradition in Akron.





Plus we had the smallest member of Akron in camp for a couple days. His favorite past time was picking up whichever weapon was closest at hand and running around with it. He's currently holding a very light spear that is two to three times his height.


I even had time to get a fair amount of cross stitch in. I took both Library Kittens and Tribal Otter but I only spent time on the otter project. It is small and there is only one color of thread, making it a great travel/camping project.



Now its back to mundania, and a couple weeks worth of Ragnarok Recovery. I'm a little socialized out for the week, so I'm going to keep my head down and relax over the next few days, as well as start the post-Rag clean up process.

Linking up to Keep Calm and Craft On

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the weather was better this year. That tent looks fabulous. Looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete