Friday, June 10, 2016

Patches Patches and More Patches

My poor embroidery machine has been working overtime stitching out the dragon patches. There was significantly more interest than I expected and I'm attempting to make twenty to twenty five by tomorrow afternoon.


I have thirteen done, so just over halfway there.

I suspect that I'll be sick and tired of looking at these by the time they are done, but it is significantly easier than trying to stitch them directly on everyone's garb.

In other news, I still haven't gotten my package of hand dyed fabrics from Silkweaver, even though they told me it was shipping this week. I have just emailed them again asking for an update, as no shipping notification has been sent out either. I'm very disappointed in the customer service so far and found that on Facebook several people have complained about it taking months to get their fabrics. I was hoping that it would be faster seeing as how I was ordering from a business based in the U.S. instead of the U.K. If anyone knows a reliable source for hand dyed cross stitch fabrics, I would most interested.

The other project for today was setting up our new tent to see how it works.


It's great! Loken and Terence helped us set it up. Terence promises to help us make it hurricane proof. The bugs get in pretty easily but I've never had a bug free tent. I'm making bug spray that I plan to use liberally. We're leaving it up overnight to see how it will hold up under the thunderstorms we are supposed to see tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Patches?! We don't need no stinking patches!

    Seriously though...the tent is awesome. Hope it was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete