Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Weekend Away

This past Memorial Day weekend, Jack and I made a trip out to Chicago for our half-yearversary. We usually do a weekend in February or early March but we couldn't fit it in this year with everything that was going on. I finally just decided that we were going to get away this past weekend, come hell or high water, (fortunately we had neither) and so away we went.

Of course I took all my crafty things with me and was able to finish the basketweave scarf on the way out there. The hat was finished a few days before our trip and the set is now complete.


The first stop on the trip was the mall. Now I know that doesn't seem like much of a vacation to most people but I used to love bumming around a mall raiding clearance racks and I no longer have time. I ended up replacing my shoes and finding a pair of sandals with arch support. Complete win.

Then it was off to Medieval Times. We were rooting for the Green Knight.


And on Sunday, a trip out to Navy Pier and a ride on the lake.


On the way back I had a chance to fill in some of the gaps on Library Kittens. I'm slowing chipping away at this!


All in all it was a pretty relaxing weekend and I was most disappointed to have to return to work yesterday.

We have another Dagorhir event coming up this weekend, so I'm busy working on those items. I have to make a couple bear skin cloaks and then its Rag prep for a couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend! I love that basketweave pattern and Library Kittens is really coming along too.

    ReplyDelete