...and scrambling like mad to Get All The Things Done.
Yesterday I did some quick (not so quick, actually) camping shopping, and I came home with a storage unit for kitchen camping stuff. It's all dedicated, now all I have to do is throw it on the trailer. Wash it at the end of the year and pack it back up and next time we camp, it is ready to go.
Today I stayed home from practice to finish my Ranger dress.
I had many crazy ideas for the trim on this, but opted for the simplest, reasoning that I can add more later if I deem wise. Right now, I'm leaning towards trimming the splits and the bottom, confessor style.
One of these days, I'll cosplay that dress :)
It was quite a struggle to get the collar trim to lay flat-ish. It's still not fabulous, but it is much better than it was. I found this tutorial by an SCA'er that helped immensely.
Next in the works is my Akron uniform. Same pattern as the ranger dress but with a couple small changes (also, not pink, despite the picture. Dear Camera, please stop turning my reds into pinks.)