Monday, July 9, 2018

Amethyst Project Bag

My July project is the Amethyst Project Bag by Sew Sweetness. 

It took me almost two weeks to get the majority of it cut out and the interfacing fused. I don't think that I could have chosen a more complicated, involved, or expensive project for my foray into structured bag making. Please note that this is not the fault of the pattern author. The pattern is very well written and includes excellent pictures. Rather, it is a result of my over-ambitiousness and deciding to build three of the darn things instead of just one. 

Having said that, I would rate this project somewhere between intermediate and expert skill level. If I didn't have extensive sewing experience already, I'm sure it would have baffled me. By the time I am done with all three, I expect to be extremely comfortable with zippers and structured bags.

The exterior pieces of the Amethyst Project Bag
 Below are just the lining pieces that I cut out. I have a small mountain of exterior and foam interfacing pieces not even pictured.





I am slowly chiseling away at these bags and hope to have them done by the end of July (hahaha!)





2 comments: