Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Plethora of Projects

A few days ago, the Smidget and I were outside playing and we happened to see a robin land rather close. I thought it was a great opportunity for a couple photos and much to my delight I discovered that he had caught a worm! I was really pleased to be able to capture this on camera. I know its the stereotypical robin thing to do but I never imagined I'd actually see it. 




I'm still working on the Amethyst Project Bags. It is slow going. This is my pile of project pieces. Everything is there, I just haven't gotten to it yet. I suspect this is the type of project that comes together all at once towards the end - right now it feels like I'm twiddling away at components.


My Mini Joy's Journey Afghan has the next three blocks stitched on. Six blocks down, fourteen to go!


Another thing I did was pull out The Castle. I'm trying to put a few stitches a day in this beautiful project. I really would love to finish a couple of cross stitch projects. I found another one that I am dying to purchase but I don't want to start it until I have a couple finished so I'm going to put a concerted effort into The Castle and Tiger Chilling Out.


The pattern I found is called Hogwarts in a Bottle and its sold on Etsy in the shop CutePatternsbyMaria. She has many absolutely beautiful patterns and I hope she will publish more bottle/snowglobe type patterns in the future. I've linked above to the pattern in her shop, please check it out if you are interested in cross stitch, she is a very talented designer.



I've had to descontruct my crafty corner in the family room as we are attempting to convert it into a child safe area for the Smidget to free range in now that he's learned to crawl, so I also mostly cleared off my desk in my sewing room and I'll be setting up my cross stitch projects there. By the way, this upcoming weekend is Hermit and Stitch weekend so consider pulling out a project and get rolling! Happy Stitching All!

4 comments:

  1. All your projects look great Kaelyn. I've seen that bottle chart and also love it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like many fun and exciting things going on! Good luck making sure everything is safe for Smidget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen those Maria designs too, she has some really beautiful ones. Hogwarts in a Bottle is one of my favourites. The Castle looks really close to a finish!
    Hoping for some more Smidget pics soon, your stitching is lovely but just can't compare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this story I have learned new think today this was an amazing tip for me.
    slotxo

    ReplyDelete