Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Apocalypse Continues

2018 has continued to impress me with the sheer number of disasters that have struck. The most recent is that my trusty desktop computer, which has been my solid companion for seven years and several repairs (most recently replacing the RAM a couple of months ago) has finally died. It took a few days but we've managed to rig up my laptop to a monitor and keyboard for use until we are able to replace my desktop. I am clinging to the hope that with the changing of the months - HELLLOOOOOO FEBRUARY! - that things may settle down. 

Alright, thank you for listening to me whine yet again. Enough of that and onto the happy things. 

This month I went on my annual Painting With a Twist trip with my favorite cousin. We went on a Saturday and she choose this picture. It was SO MUCH FUN! We'd done a couple other previously but they were a bit on the little kid side. This time around we were able to schedule a really cool painting called A New Day.

 

I also finally got my grubby paws on a copy of Beetles, Bugs, and Butterflies. It took almost a month after ordering to arrive but it was worth the wait. If you are thinking about getting this book, don't get the Kindle version - wait for the hardcopy, its totally worth it. I never liked amigurumi but this book had me sold from the first time I stumbled across it. What you do is create a little caterpillar, and then the egg sack, and pupae, and the wings to go with him, so he goes through the entire life cycle in a crochet toy. Its modular and very cool. I've loaned the book to someone but I should have it back this weekend and I'll share more about it then. Also, if anyone knows of anything similar please let me know, I'd love to look into it.


In the world of crochet, I started this bulky hat. No pattern, just winging it. I used a double strand of yarn - one a variegated purple and the other solid black RHSS. I like how the black kind of mellows the yarn out a bit.


What I have affectionately come to think of as my Ravenclaw scarf has grown slightly. This project will definitely need to be blocked when completed. I'm not sure if its the yarn choice or the chevron pattern, but the whole scarf has a ripple to it.


Finally, this is as far as I was able to get on my cross stitch project for January, not meeting my goal of four rows on the first page. I've since put it away and resurrected Tiger Chilling Out.


In other news, I finally got fed up with trying to piecemeal the baby's room into a baby room rather than a storage room and I pushed everything not baby related out into the hallway and living room. Now there is some serious sorting and hopefully a fair amount of trashing and donating to do with the all that stuff.

3 comments:

  1. That book looks SO cute! Wishing you a calm and productive February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your crochet projects Kaelyn. Nice progress on your stitching.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty projects,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete