Friday, January 12, 2018

So it Begins


I always think of this scene when I can see something coming, whether its illness or a foot of snow or just about anything.

We've been very blessed in the last year, avoiding the majority of illnesses that were going around. I think I only caught one cold while pregnant and it was pretty mild. But so far, 2018 has entered with a bang - two cars in the shop with major repairs, IRS audit (tell your representatives to vote fair tax!!!), student loan repayment complications, a computer that needed repair, and now what I'm hoping it just a cold and that the Smidget doesn't catch it.

My little guy is almost four months old and he wants to spend more time sleeping than usual but other than that is generally happy and good natured. I'm letting him sleep as much as he wants, hoping that it will keep him healthy.


I was without a vehicle for about a week, so as soon as we got both cars back I took Smidget out on an adventure. Armed with coupons and giftcards, we traversed the highways to the local JoAnn Fabrics for some much needed retail therapy. It turned out to be the perfect day for it. We've mostly been staying home due in part to not having a car and in part to the bitter cold, but yesterday was a spring-like 55 degrees F.


 I came back with the above haul of beautiful soft squashy yarn. The intent is to use it in an afghan that caught my eye on Ravelry. I discovered that the pattern was only published in a book but a little research resulted in finding the book on Amazon for the cost of shipping and handling. In case you've never explored the used books on the Amazon Marketplace, be advised that it has a plethora of fun out of print books that often sell for one penny plus the $3.99 s&h that Amazon allows their sellers to charge for media items.


The majority of these afghans are crochet but there are some cool knit ones as well, if that it your craft. The one that I took a liking to was #26 in the book, but there are so many cool afghans I think I'm going to have trouble deciding which one to make.




I suppose I'll just have to spend some time staring at the pretty patterns and snuggling my yarn before I decide :) 
 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear things are so tough right now. Maybe you are just getting all the bad stuff out of the way in January, while the weather is dumb?! I'm sure that's it, and the rest of the year will be great! :D Pretty yarn always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Smidget is just storing up fuel for an upcoming growth spurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors your choice Kaelyn. I also like the pattern.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Kathy is right. They tend to sleep a lot just before a growth spurt. He's a cutie! Your yarns are pretty. They'll look great together in an afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete