Friday, January 19, 2018

Settling In

The last of the major disasters has been dealt with as far as I can do so. Its now up to the grace of God (amen) and good will of the IRS (haha.) Now its time to settle in to my new full time mom role and take care of a few projects around the house that I've been dying to do - like cleaning, sorting, and dejunking.

Having finished all of that emergency chaotic nonsense up last night, I took a little time to try something new and try to destress. I started the first octagon tile of the Persian Tiles blanket.


 The next step is to do the fans and the outer border. Its been interesting so far and I think I'll have to increase my tension to make everything lay pretty.  I'm making up the colorway as I go.

I also did the first block of the afghan I showed in my last post. However, since taking this photo I noticed that two of the stitches are in the wrong place and I've frogged and stitched it correctly. I do want to do this as a JAYGo, so I'm stuck here until I practice the join I want to do using some scrap yarn.


The Red Heart Super Saver Latte set is completed. It only took a few more rows to finish the hat.


I finally found somewhere to donate all these hats and scarves I keep making. My church works with a food pantry/charity closet called God's Helping Hands. They ran out of cold weather gear in December, so I'm excited to find somewhere that I know can use the hats and scarves.

I have a bin full of yarns waiting to become hats and scarves and right now they are the easiest thing to pick up for just a couple of minutes so I imagine they'll be a lot of them in the near future.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Kaelyn. I'm just finishing up my last afghan for a while. I'm so ready to get back to stitching.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Its just so hard to find time with a baby in the house. I hope you are feeling better soon and are able to get back to your cross stitch.

      Delete
  2. Hope that life calms down and doesn't throw any more curveballs your way! SO glad to hear that your scarves and hats have a special home to go to! Take care and may there be lots of crafting in you future!

    ReplyDelete