Friday, March 10, 2017

Unexpected Four Day Weekend

Power outages due to a windstorm have left my workplace without power both today and yesterday and I find myself celebrating the impromptu four day weekend with the appropriate laziness. Despite being home all day yesterday, I only did one load of laundry, one load of dishes, and still found myself exhausted by 4 pm and in bed by 9 pm.

I did however, spend a little bit of time working on a quilt for a baby cousin we are expecting soon. I had originally planned on making the Sorbet Quilt (find it here on Craftsy) but I wasn't thrilled with how it was working out in the colors I chose. I came up with this alternative layout which I am still considering. I think its an awkward size (40" x 60") and would rather have a fifth column of blocks if I can finagle it. I have a few pieces left over that were cut wrong, so I'll play with it a little more to see what I can come up with.


I also spent a little time crocheting the twelve point star blanket and some time stitching on the next Life is Beautiful block. Although I had visions of doing really elaborate embroidery for these, I've decided that they look best with a simple backstitch. I also think the message might be lost if there's too much going on.


This weekend I plan on continuing to work on the above projects and maybe a little bit of catch up on the housework side of things. Oh, and a fair amount of gratuitous video gaming. Because what else are four day weekends for?

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress Kaelyn. They look great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new cousin? I think I must have missed something. Sounds like some great weekend plans. :)

    ReplyDelete