Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Completed Baby Blanket

The power was still out at work yesterday, but my supervisor told us to show up anyway, so I dragged myself out of bed and drove through the snow to get there. Upon arriving, I was instructed by the building manager that no one was supposed to be there. He sent everyone straight back home. I wasn't complaining. I went home, went back to bed, and then managed to finish off this little beauty.


I wrapped it up and passed it off to my cousin, who will see that it gets to her new niece, Baby Anna. It's approximately 40" across and took four skeins of Red Heart Unforgettable in Peacock. There is a little left over. I didn't think it was enough for one final round and I decided not to play yarn chicken.

In other news, I've been reading up extensively on Trim Healthy Mama. Its a way of eating where you're supposed to be able to eat just about anything using natural sugar alcohols like stevia instead of cane sugar and low glycemic impact carbs instead of white bread/pasta. The vast majority of what they say makes good scientific sense and they stress being guilt free which is totally helpful. One of the reasons I didn't go with the Whole30 (another plan I was looking at) is that they insist you can't slip up even once or its wasted effort. Ugh, who needs that? My bad day resulted in a chocolate bar and suddenly my whole diet is reset. No thank you.

We're so used to the sugars and carbs around here that its going to take some getting used to. I think I'll have to give it a solid month or two before I can figure out if it works for us. My first goal is to get breakfasts prepared and frozen, for easy on-the-go at work foods. After that it will be working out lunches and then eventually dinners. Baby steps, ya know? Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the beautiful blanket finish Kaelyn. Let me know how your Healthy Mama works as both hubby and I need to lose a lot of weight.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty blanket. Baby Anna will look so cozy swaddled up in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket finish is beautiful, lucky baby. Good luck with your diet revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to clear out the projects you know you don't love/won't finish...frees up space and energy for stuff you do love!
    I just finished watching The Jungle Book so the tiger is very fun to see!

    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete