Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Amazing Shrinking Scarf

Well, its been a little hit or miss but I think I finally figured out how to keep this scarf from shrinking on me every few rows. I've learned a bit an

Now that I have a few things figured out, I think a restart is in order. I'm going to frog what I can and try to do a hdc foundation chain. The pattern is 40 hdc across: twenty rows of green, two rows of silver, three rows of green, two rows of silver, repeat.  I have 11 days to finish this. 


I did promise pictures of my Black Friday Herschnerr's Loot. I was trying to pick colors that would be good for men, because most of what I've crocheted so far are definitely feminine. These should make some nice scarves and hats. I attempted a couple of patterns but ended up frogging them. I will give them another try in the near future.


My cross stitching corner has been temporarily dismantled, possibly until Christmas break, so I ended up in my sewing room the other night and found a stack of 2.5 inch squares. I stitched them into rows of four. I'm not sure what these are going to become yet. I'll have to wait and see! There aren't really enough for a good sized quilt.


Happy crafting all. I'd be interested to hear about your holiday projects.

3 comments:

  1. Great projects and I love your new yarn Kaelyn.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yarn haul looks great, great colours indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is very useful for me.I really like you post.Thanks for sharing.
    โคนัน เดอะมูฟวี่

    ReplyDelete