Sunday, May 8, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching


It's been a fun and full weekend so far. We had a Girls-Day-In yesterday, with my cousins and my niece coming over to watch Mine Craft Diaries, Fruits Basket, and a little Doctor Who. We made homemade potstickers, ate cherry pie and ice cream, and even ran out for a couple hours to finish up the mother's day and gift basket shopping.

I put together a quick gift basket and tried my hand at making homemade bath bombs. The bath bombs didn't work out. I added too much water, causing them to react and fizz, and foam over. Never fear, I made a quick batch of bath salts instead. Same concept, different form. I used Stress Away essential oil by Young Living in them and they smelled so good that I wanted to take a bath myself. 


There is also a flameless candle, a book (Storm Front by Jim Butcher), some chocolate, and a bottle of Red Velvet Cupcake wine. I don't drink so I have no idea if this is any good but my cousin thought it sounded delicious enough to get one for herself.

We have church and Mother's Day activities today at Nana's nursing home, and a funeral to attend tomorrow.

I plan on taking my crochet scarf with me today but when I get home, it will be time for Slow Sunday Stitching. I would like to do some stitching on my Tribal Otter.


I hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day. Don't forget to tell someone that you love them today.

1 comment: