Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Upcycle Experiment

The search for the correct color of embroidery thread for my Confessor's Dress continues. I did test out two new colors and they are much better than the last two I tried. I'm leaning towards the metallic (on the right) but waiting to see if I can come up with something a little better before I decide for certain.

In the meantime, I had decided to work on a new Ranger coat for Jack, but the pattern is missing. So I determined to work on a new ranger hood, but the fabric I picked up was missing. This is what I get for cleaning up my sewing room. 

I finally settled on an upcycle experiment, which is something that I have wanted to attempt for a while. 

I started with an old t-shirt that was still in decent shape.

Added a v-neck and some trim.

Then to finish it off, a little embroidered medallion at the crease of the neck.

I'm quite happy with the way it turned out and am planning to experiment with a few more items of old clothing.