Saturday, January 19, 2013

Vertigo


I decided to practice my free motion quilting and found this great website, The Free Motion Quilting Project with hundreds of patterns and videos on how to FMQ. I killed two birds with one stone by turning an orphan block (UFO) into a mug rug (yay!) and using a FMQ pattern to quilt!

As you can see, my lines aren't quite straight, my tension is slightly iffy, and my tracking is horrible. But, still the best FMQ project completed yet. It really helped that I had a pattern printed out to look at instead of just winging it. The quilt block pattern is called Vertigo and I think that is appropriate. The pattern with the quilting almost makes you dizzy and gives this neat 3D effect. Next... Binding! Actually, I usually kind of sort of don't like the quilting process, but the FMQ with the variegated thread was fun.

I also finally finished my last Project Linus blanket for the the year, which gives me three to donate.


This is a new feeling for me. I usually don't complete my projects, but I've already got two UFO's done this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment