Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas!

By Kaelyn Angelfoot

I was bit by a Christmas bug yesterday after reading an article on inexpensive Christmas decorating. I've never done much decorating except for the usual tree and maybe some lights in the window, but I decided to give it a shot. Off to Salvation Army I went.

I focused on red and gold items. Our family room is rustic, with a wood burning stove and dark paneling. I found several great items and augmented them with some flowers from the dollar store and a lit garland.

The garland didn't stay where I originally had it due to issues with the hooks but I think I like it better behind the decorations. It really seems to pull the whole thing together, whereas before the decorations looked a little lost on my huge fireplace mantle. 


What I really need is a large picture or something to hang on the wall over the mantle. A project for another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment