Monday, February 11, 2019

We Have A Finish!

First off, an apology. At least one person has contacted me about the Harry Potter Stitch-And-Read-Along that I'm participated in and I'm afraid I didn't get the message until nearly two weeks after it was sent. If you are interested it joining up, we would be more than thrilled to have you along. The Facebook group is School of Magical Stitches and Literature. Please read the FAQ in the files section (it's also linked in the announcements at the top of the group page), as it will tell you how to get sorted into your house and give you a basic idea of how our admins are running things. 

The best way to contact me is through the comment form at the bottom of each post. Those comments go directly to my email and I check that on a regular basis. Again, I'm sorry for the delay. 

A baby afghan finish! This is my Mini Joy's Journey Motif afghan. 


Every project has a story and this one is that I cannibalized yarn from another project for it. I thought I was going to have enough to make twelve motifs but I was wrong and had just enough for nine plus three round of hdc border.

And then honest-to-goodness, not two days after I finished off the border on this project and relegate it to the baby blanket pile, I was cleaning up my crafty room and I found the missing two skeins of yarn. Of course.

Those skeins will get donated to the Hat and Scarf stash.

In other news, my hand dyed floss for my Ink Circles project arrived. I'm actually very disappointed in the color of the floss. Its really nothing like what the picture on the website looked like. Its missing a significant depth of color and there is really no variation. Instead of a deep blue and deep green with a lot of blending, I have more pastel colors that don't overlap at all. It looks okay I guess, just not what I was really looking for. I'm a fair chunk of the way into the pattern but I'm considering tearing it out and just going with a solid color instead.


I'm 2 for 2 on the hand dyed floss disappointment. Next time I go hunting for hand dyed floss, I think I'll make my own. I looked it up and I'm pretty sure I can handle it as long as I can keep the toddler from "helping."

I also just finished a Moss Stitch scarf using Lion Brand Ferris Wheel in Morning Java. Nothing but happy's here! It came out fantastic, although a bit narrower than I had planned, so I'm actually going to make a second one. It would seem that the starting chain for the moss stitch pull in quite a lot once you get several rows done. I lost about a third of the width. Good to know!



We're about to get hit with a series of winter storm over the next ten days or so. Please everyone, stay safe on the roads if you must venture out. They're predicting high winds and power outages with this next one, I hope its not as bad as they are suggesting.


4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great Kaelyn. I think the floss color looks great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Linda, I'll let it marinate for a few weeks before I pick it up again. Maybe it'll grow on em :)

      Delete